LabCorp MedWatch® is one of the nation’s premier medical drug monitoring programs and is offered through LabCorp and its specialty testing laboratory, MedTox Laboratories.
Medical drug monitoring provides physicians with information relevant to the treatment of patients who are prescribed pain medications. The LabCorp MedWatch program is designed to assist physicians in monitoring patients for medication compliance, as well as to identify potentially dangerous drug interactions.
The LabCorp MedWatch program offers a full menu of medical drug monitoring tests that provides unparalleled choice, flexibility, and clinical value for your specific monitoring needs. The LabCorp MedWatch program has one of the most comprehensive offerings with the ability to identify many unique metabolites within each drug class.
The LabCorp MedWatch program helps identify a patient's drug use, including:
- Prescribed medications
- Non-prescribed medications
- Illicit drugs
Benefits of LabCorp MedWatch
- Prescription verification: Ease of review and evaluation of drug testing results related to a patient’s prescribed medications and non-prescribed drug use.
- LabCorp MedWatch/MedTox technical support hotline: Direct, toll-free access to certifying scientists for a one-on-one consultation about test results and toxicology questions.
- Cumulative reports (available for ToxAssure® profiles): Summarize and track rates of unexpected results based on reported or declared medications and/or illicit drugs. This allows your clinic to easily monitor, target, and improve problematic findings and trends.
Medical drug monitoring at MedTox Laboratories is performed on a urine sample, using state-of-the-art, ultra-high performance liquid chromatography, and tandem mass spectrometry (UPLC/MS-MS) analysis, as well as supporting immunoassays for select drug classes.
- Alternative test options are offered on other specimen types if required. For more information, please contact a MedTox representative at 1-800-832-3244.
- Also available: Screen only by Immunoassay, Immunoassay screen with reflex to UPLC/MS-MS confirmations, and individual confirmations by UPLC/MS-MS.