Medical Drug Monitoring Interactive Q&A
LabCorp and its subsidiary, MedTox Laboratories, part of the LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, often receives inquiries from providers regarding drug testing. We have developed the interactive questions and answers below to help educate physicians regarding some commonly asked questions when considering drug testing results.
Want to discuss these or other technical questions? Need to be set up with an account?
Click here to be contacted by a member of our scientific team or your local sales representative.
- Cone EJ, Welch P, Mitchell JM, Paul BD. Forensic drug testing for opiates: I. Detection of 6-acetylmorphine in urine as an indicator of recent heroin exposure; drug and assay considerations and detection times. J Anal Toxicol. 1991; 15(1):1-7. PubMed 2046334
- Helander A, Bottcher M, Fehr C, et al. Detection times for urinary ethyl glucuronide and ethyl sulfate in heavy drinkers during alcohol detoxification. Alcohol Alcohol. 2009; 44(1):55-61. PubMed 18971292
- Statement from FDA, If soap and water are not available, hand sanitizers may be a good alternative. Accessed Sept 4, 2019. https://www.fda.gov/consumers/if-soap-and-water-are-not-available-hand-sanitizers-may-be-good-alternative.
- Statement from FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on signing of the Agriculture Improvement Act and the agency’s regulation of products containing cannabis and cannabis derived compounds
- FDA Regulation of Cannabis and Cannabis-Derived Products: Questions and Answers
- Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018 (Agriculture Improvement Act of 2018, Public law 115-334. SEC 297A Page 4908)
- Lee, D. Oral fluid drug testing in pain management practice: factors to consider before choosing the alternative biological matrix. J App Lab Med. Accessed Sept 4, 2019. http://jalm.aaccjnls.org/content/jalm/2/4/598.full.pdf
- Quantisal® Collection FLYER. Accessed Sept 4, 2019. https://ensur.invmed.com/ensur/broker/ensurbroker.aspx?code=MKT50445&cs=25696407
- Baselt, RC. Disposition of toxic drugs and chemicals in man. 10th ed., Seal Beach, Calif: Biomedical Publications, 2014. Pg. 298.
- Internal LabCorp data.